Today we got to meet 3 students Patty, Tasha and Sean. We also got to participate in an amazing race around the Mt Helen campus. It was a great experience and we enjoyed having our questions answered and seeing some of the new and exciting buildings and facilities.
Read about our experiences below….
Today in E-Learning we started printing one of the student designs. Beau had won an award for is 3D design of BMO.
As we have all been working on our designs we were excited to see Beau’s design print out.
Next week we are very lucky to meet with some current Federation University students to hear their pathway story, and also ask them some questions. We are also getting to participate in an Amazing Race scavenger hunt around campus!
Please click on the link below to explore the Federation University website
Comment below your question for one of the students.. (it may be about their education, travel, study hours, residence, work, family pathways ect..)
Today in our E-Learning session we learnt keyboard shortcuts that will help us when we are creating our 3D models in the program ‘Tinkercad’.
We were only a small group today but the shortcuts helped us to be more accurate with our designs.
Next term we look forward to mentoring the grade 5 students and sharing these shortcuts with them.
What does being eSmart mean?
What is cyber safety?
At YPCC we are committed to making sure all our students, staff and community are safe online and that they have the knowledge and skills to do this.
Please complete this survey to tell us how you use technology so that we are able to focus on the areas that can help build our skills in this area.
Aussie Aussie Aussie…… Oi Oi Oi
Click on the link below and select an athlete to write your letter of support to.
Wow… What a great start to term 3… Although very chilly, both teachers and students have been learning lots with the support of Michael Ymer. Michael has been working with staff and students for a number of years now developing our skills in the teaching and learning of Mathematics.
I’m not sure who enjoyed the sessions with Michael more… The staff or students.
Thanks to Mr Ross for putting together these Web Quest questions.
Copy the questions and paste them into a ‘Microsoft Word’ document. Use your own knowledge and the internet to support you to find the best answers.
Think about what makes a good website, what websites have you used in the past that have been helpful?
Answer the following questions about space.
- Name the first man to land on the moon? What year did this happen?
- In what year did the American space shuttle explode in the sky after take off?
- What country was competing against the USA in the race to space?
- What was the first animal to orbit space?
- What does an astronaut depend on for survival in outer space? Name three things.
- The planet Jupiter is made up largely of a) gases, b) liquids c) solids.
- What heat resistant material covers the nose of a space shuttle?
Is it a) ceramic tiles b) carbon graphite or c) kryptonite
- What litters the atmosphere and is caused by humans?
- In your own words, describe what an asteroid belt
- How many moons does Mars have?
- On Venus, a day is longer than a year. True or False?
- Which is the centre of the universe? The Sun or Earth? What did ancient astronomers believe to be true?
- True or false… You become taller in space?
14. How many kilometres in the sky does space officially begin? Is it a) 175 km b) 250 km or c) 100km.
15. The word astronaut comes from the Greek word “Astron” which means ? and “nautes” which means ? The Russian cosmonaut has a similar meaning from ‘kosmos’ meaning universe and again “nautes” sailor.
- Which is the hottest planet in our solar system? Why?
Today at YPCC the whole school participated in some Science fun. Students from all three pods and the kinder mixed together to learn about science. Mr McMillan and his groups learnt about The Water Cycle, Mr Grills and Mr Ross explored ‘forces’ with their groups and Ms Petrie and Mr Bone explored solids, liquids and gases. Well done everyone!