Last week (wk3) we made Yellow Curry Paste, which we used to make Vegetarian Thai yellow curry, with either rice sticks or rice and we also made our own Roti Bread.
This week we made an Indian breakfast pancake called Dosa, which we filled with a yummy curried potato mixture.
“Mac is the Master Slider and I’m the Master Flipper!” Lachlan R, grade 6. While making the crepe like Dosa!
Today was the first day for the cafe at YPCC for 2014. Our staff today included Cody, Chloe, Crystal and Timmy. On the menu today was:
– poached chicken and Asian slaw wrap
– caramelised onion and cheese FILO tart
And assorted Turkish breads.
Our goals for cafe:
– Timmy is going to be working with Tanya to make the rosters
– Cody wants to work his leadership skills
– crystal hopes to learn how to use the register, and
– Chloe wants to learn how to be a barrista.
This week in the Community cafe we welcomed two new team members. Nick and Chloe have now joined the cafe team and will work alongside the rest of the crew, preparing yummy lunches, making delicious coffee and perhaps more importantly develop their team working skills and self confidence.
It’s week we served corn fitter with a tomato and avocado salsa, open roasted chicken salad sandwich and vegetable quinoa salad.
Be sure to check out next week’s menu here early next week.